Why Pulsed Solar Simulation?
Pulsed Solar Simulation has multiple advantages over constant light simulation:
• High maximum light intensity only during measurement
• No heating up of module or cell
• No cooling of light source or environment necessary
• Less power needed than constant light
• Flasher runs with standard power supply
How long is the measuring time?
BERGER Pulsed Solar Simulators meet all requirements of IEC 60904-9 Simulator Class A+. The construction of the lamella light source and the flash tube ensure conformity with this standard over entire lifetime.
The electronically controlled discharge will hold the illumination level for up to 50 msecs (depending on system). This allows the measurement of slow reacting solar cells or thin film products as well. The temporal instability is < ± 2%.
How about homogeneity?
The homogeneity is reproducible because of the defined light propagation without any light forming elements like reflectors, mirrors or lenses. The non-uniformity of irradiance is <± 2%.
How about spectrum?